.post-body img { max-width:1100px; height:auto; }

Friday, December 28, 2012

the end of 2012

Well, Christmas is over and now, 2012 is almost over, too.  I really can't believe it!  I swear, it was JUST New Year's, and suddenly, we're almost to 2013.  When I was little, I always thought adults were crazy for talking about how quickly time passes, but now I totally get it.  I guess that's just one more sign that I'm old.

Things are still pretty quiet around my place, and will be until next week, when my husband goes off on a work placement.  For now, we're enjoying our favorite presents (for me: three hardcover books from my husband, for him: a 6000 piece puzzle from me) and eating too much chocolate.  Since we didn't go home for the holidays, both of our parents sent us packages, but we have yet to receive either one.  While that was a bit disappointing on Christmas (particularly because my parents sent us 'Christmas relevant' things, like decorations), it means we'll have a second Christmas (hopefully any day now!) when our other presents arrive.  It's nice to draw the holidays out a little.

Our Christmas was nice, with just the two of us trying to figure out some Christmas traditions.  My husband likes to make Jesus a birthday cake, I like to read the nativity story.  This year, we also thought about starting a new tradition: seeing a movie on Christmas Eve.  We saw the Hobbit and it was exactly what I expected.  Well, with a few odd little changes from the book.  I still want to see the next two parts, so I think we'll carry on our Christmas-Eve-movie tradition for at least two more years.  We also went out for a meal on Christmas Eve, to our favorite Indian restaurant.  We did that last year, too, so it might officially be tradition now.  We'll see.  Christmas was spent opening our few presents, plus stockings, and then eating and playing games.  We were invited to a friend's house, so we watching the latest Batman movie with them (still good), ate a delicious Christmas dinner (my favorite was the roast parsnips) and then went home to Skype with our families. 

And now, I'm off to eat more chocolate and do some reading.  I really love this relaxing time inbetween Chrsitmas and New Year's! 

2 comments:

  1. New follower from the blog hop! Love your blog & can't wait to get to know you more :) Have a great day!
    Rachel
    http://sugar-stripes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!I love your blog. I found you through Aloha Blog Hop. Stop by and say hi if you get a minute. :)

    ReplyDelete