.post-body img { max-width:1100px; height:auto; }

Sunday, November 30, 2014

another week


This week was long and busy and overwhelming and fun. Aren't holiday weeks always like that? It started with Oliver's two month check-up on Monday, where he weighed in at 12 pounds 9 ounces and got several vaccines. He then slept all day while Sam and I cuddled him and watched the first two Lord of the Rings movies. On Tuesday, my sister flew in from college and my mom and I met her at the airport and spent the day in Boston, shopping, before going to Harvard Square for delicious Vietnamese food in the evening. On Wednesday, we got loads of snow so we abandoned the house we were staying at (which they told us to do) and did snowy day things, like eating tomato soup, as well as some Thanksgiving prep, like making refrigerator roll dough.

Thursday was Thanksgiving. We had 36 people over and more food than even that many could eat. There was also pie and pumpkin cheesecake and lots of people to cuddle Oliver and it was overwhelming and fun. On Friday, people came over again. There was crafting and muffin-baking and turkey noodle soup for dinner. Saturday we put up Christmas decorations, including the tree, made gingerbread cookies, and then went to see the latest Hunger Games movie, which I enjoyed. Today my sister flew back to college and we did some more holiday decorating, which is one of my favorite times of year. Bring on December and Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this all sounds so lovely. When I was young, my family had massive Thanksgiving and Christmas parties and it was always so much fun. The family's a lot more spread out these days, so holidays are much smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 36 people?? It sounds like you've had a lovely week and Happy Thanksgiving! I can't believe you have snow! How exciting :)

    Thanks for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. decorating for christmas right after thanksgiving is one of my favorite things! i think that's why i love thanksgiving so much - great food and family and even when it's over, there's still xmas to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete