Oh the five things about me list! I figured it would be fun to do, and maybe give those of you who read this a chance to learn a little more about me.
1. I have lived in the UK for six years, four in Scotland and two in England. I love it, but would also love to live somewhere different, like Stockholm, Hong Kong, Vienna, or Berlin. Maybe someday.
2. I read all the time. One of the best parts about living in London was the chance to read on the bus or tube every day, but I still have the habit of reading while I walk, more often than not. I always have at least one book with me, because you never know when you'll get the chance to pull it out for a few minutes.
3. When I lived in Scotland, I met several celebrities, including Hugh Grant and Samuel L Jackson. I have a picture of me with each of them. But other than that, I haven't really met anyone famous. (Despite the fact that I'm from America-- people in the UK always assume I've somehow met celebrities there...huh.)
4. I like painting my nails but I have a hard time resisting the urge to scratch the polish off after about a day. It's terrible. But then I guess it means I get to redo my nails, so it could be worse...but it also means I spend a few days looking very dishevelled. It's also why I rarely get actual manicures.
5. Even though now isn't really a great time, I'm pretty desperate for a baby. I talk about it all the time with my husband, and would love to have one while we're still living in England. We'll see.