.post-body img { max-width:1100px; height:auto; }

Friday, June 14, 2013

at the seaside


Sometimes, especially on Fridays or when my husband ends class a little early, I'll meet him on his way home and we'll go for a walk.  My favorite destination is always the seaside.  Our town is built right on the seaside, so there's miles of stony beaches lined with pavement and things like ice cream stands and hotels.  It's one of my favorite things about living here.  When we first came here, for Sam's interview last June, I was so excited about the prospect of living by the sea.  Basically anything can be improved by a visit to the water.  I never get tired of looking at it, and watching how it changes depending on the weather. 


 Today was one of those perfect days.  It was so sunny and nice by the sea, and not even too windy.  After walking through town, and wandering through all the shops that we thought looked fun (we even bought a book), we came to the seaside.  There was a European market lining the seafront, with stalls selling everything from music to scarves to baklava, bread, and burgers.  This is like the third time (at least) this market has been here, and each time, Sam has voiced his desire for a kangaroo burger.  Today he finally succumbed, so we bought one and shared it.  It was pretty good.  We sat on the stone seating and watched the sun on the water as we took turns eating it. 


I'm so excited for many more days by the seaside this summer.  Like I said, it's my very favorite part about living here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment