.post-body img { max-width:1100px; height:auto; }

Friday, July 12, 2013

heatwave


Recently, the UK has been enjoying a little heatwave.  I think it's only ever reached about 80F, but it still feels pretty hot.  Yesterday and today, the temperature was back to the usual 60s (at least where we are), but I think July holds still more heat for us.  I've actually been enjoying it, particularly the sunny walks along the seaside and the warm air.  I still have all sorts of pictures from my trip last week with my mom and my sister, but I haven't got close to taking them off my camera yet.  It's been too much fun spending time outside and enjoying how sunny and warm it is, even at 8 or 9 pm.  At least once a day, Sam and I remark on how much we love the climate here.  It's pretty much perfect.  (Even with all the rain.)  (We like rain.) 

Today, my husband had his penultimate day of classes for the year.  I can't get over it.  It's so bizarre to think he might be all done a year from now!  (Or just over a year, really.)  Time goes so quickly.  I swear this module just started.  It also makes me sad to think that a year from now, we might be planning our next move.  I mostly love it here, and it will be hard to leave.  Sometimes, for fun, I like to pick random places and look at flats there.  It's so far off that we'll be buying a house, that looking at that doesn't hold much appeal to me.  Searching flats and thinking about rent and rooms and locations...?  Well, somehow I can do that for hours.  Plus, Sam really can't wait until he's not a student anymore. 

Anyway, he's almost half-way done!  We're still deciding how to celebrate, debating over whether or not to get a car, and doing out best to enjoy the sunshine.  It's going to be an awesome weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. The time will fly by and he will be finished with school before you know it. Hope the good weather holds out, and that you are able to enjoy it.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete