.post-body img { max-width:1100px; height:auto; }

Sunday, August 4, 2013

salmon recipe

So for one of my August goals, I wanted to try some new meals, and I decided to cook salmon.  We had some in our freezer, that we bought months ago and never did anything with, partly because I'd never cooked fish before and was a little scared of it.  (I'm not a huge fan of most seafood, but I do like it occasionally.)  I used a recipe that my mom has made a lot; it's one of my new favorite things to have her cook when I'm visiting home. And it's ridiculously easy and delicious.

All you need is:

salmon (steaks or fillets, bones removed)
finely chopped shallots
chopped dill
mayonnaise
parmesan cheese
salt

Put the salmon onto a tray covered with aluminum foil.  Sprinkle the salmon with the shallots, salt, and dill.  The dill is optional, really, but you definitely want it.  Then you cover the salmon with a layer of mayonnaise and then sprinkle it with the grated parmesan cheese.

Then you put aluminum foil over the top, sort of like a tent.  Bake it at 350 F (or 175 C) for 20-25 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked (and flakes apart).  (This obviously will depend on how thick your salmon is.)  You can finish it by taking the top layer of aluminum foil off, and putting the salmon directly under the broiler for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment