.post-body img { max-width:1100px; height:auto; }

Friday, November 1, 2013

five on friday



1.  Am I the only one who can't believe it's November already?  I loved this month so much last year, I'm really so excited.  I can't wait for all the upcoming travel fun I'm going to have.  (I know I mention this all the time, but I really am looking forward to seeing my dad's family again.)  

2.  Halloween was pretty uneventful yesterday.  Neither Sam nor I dressed up, and we didn't even buy any candy.  Then some friends stopped by (in costume!) and we felt sorry we had nothing to offer them.  Oh, well.

3.  Sam's supervisor on his placement is on annual leave right now, which is sort-of hilarious, because Sam's placement only started on Monday.  Last weekend, he got an email from the supervisor explaining that he'd be away... and it's so silly, because why did he agree to host this placement if he knew he'd be gone for the beginning?  So when Sam and his classmate showed up, the people at reception were pretty rude, not knowing that they were really supposed to be there.  Anyway, he'll be back at the end of next week, but this week was a little pathetic. 

4.  I might try writing something every day in November.  I did well on day one, anyway!  We'll see if I can continue like that. 

5.  This week has been so rainy.  Today Sam got soaked on his way to work, and (as he just let me know) has still not dried off.  Of course, it's not raining anymore...it was just perfectly timed to be a downpour as he made his way to work.  Still, that twenty minute walk is so much better than the two hour bus ride he's had at other placements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment