.post-body img { max-width:1100px; height:auto; }

Saturday, December 28, 2013

all things Christmasy

Christmas may have been and gone, but that doesn't have to stop me from writing some more about it.  Sam and I had a really lovely time, from our Christmas Eve traditions (Indian food for dinner and the Hobbit in the cinema) to Christmas morning stockings, waffle breakfast, and a British Christmas dinner.  (I think we'll have to have roast potatoes, carrots, and parsnips forever.)  I love getting Christmas cards in the mail and putting up decorations around the house.  This year, my family gave me some at Thanksgiving to bring back and put up, so it was especially fun.  We didn't have our own tree, but we've been lucky enough to spend plenty of time with friends who do.  Maybe next year we'll finally get one of our own.  And maybe next year will be the first we send out own own cards.  My parents never send out cards, so I'm not in the habit, but I really love getting them, so maybe I should start.  

So Christmas was wonderful and now it's over.  I'd be sad about that, but there's still plenty to look forward to.  Bring on 2014 and a whole new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment