.post-body img { max-width:1100px; height:auto; }

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter


 We had fun celebrating Easter this weekend.  It's a holiday I sort of forget about, and then really enjoy once it's here. (And this year it took forever to arrive.)  I spoke at our church, which I always hate because I don't like speaking in front of big groups, but it gave me the chance to really think about the real holiday we were celebrating.  That's always nice, especially with Easter, which should be a religious holiday first. 

The rest of our Sunday was spent eating chocolate and roast lamb (not together) and it was perfect.  We haven't really started any of our own traditions for celebrating holidays yet, because it's just the two of us, but I kept thinking that this is the last time we'll be celebrating that way.  Next year we'll have a baby, and even if babies don't understand Easter, it'll be fun to start family traditions.  So that was our holiday: good food and friends and lots of anticipation of next year.  Really, we spend a lot of time right now anticipating things, but mostly the arrival of our first baby in October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment