.post-body img { max-width:1100px; height:auto; }

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

lately

 (photo from my trip to France)

I really love April.  How can it already be almost over? Friday was Sam's last day on his final placement, so that is a little sad.  As much as he hates taking the bus for an hour to and from work every day, he enjoyed his placement and liked his co-workers, and placements are sort of the best part of his course. It's sort of surreal to think that this is our last year of student life... exams and essays and classes and all that.  I know Sam won't miss it at all, but I might.

I had my 16 week appointment with my midwife today.  I think it lasted somewhere between five to ten minutes, but that's OK, because I'll happily take straightforward appointments over anything else.  Basically everything was great, except for the weird news that I'm not vaccinated against rubella.  I even got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time, which was exciting.  It took her a little bit to find, because the baby is so low, but then there it was, all loud and quick.  I won't be seeing the midwife again until I'm 25 weeks, so hopefully everything just continues as it should.  Now I'm getting excited for our scan at the end of May, because it's another chance to see the baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment