.post-body img { max-width:1100px; height:auto; }

Friday, September 20, 2013

Five on Friday


1.  So I decided to give this thing a try.  I like making lists, I really do.  Sometimes I make lists of things I've already done just so I can cross things off.  And sometimes I find old lists -- from 2011 or 2012 -- and I wonder, hmm, did I ever do that? And mostly the answer is yes, because lists make me productive.

2. I know I'm not alone in this, but I really, really love the autumn.  I look forward to it all year long.  It might having something to do with the fact that my birthday is in the fall (as are both my siblings'), but it's also partly that I love cold weather, sweaters, socks, scarves, and jeans.  I look forward all summer to when I can bundle up again.  For me, autumn starts today, because today is my brother's birthday.

3.  My brother is 22 today!  I cannot get over how weird that is.  I guess because it reminds me that I'm not 22, even though in my head, I still am.  He's in his second year at university and he is pretty smart.  People often say I look more like my sister, because we have similar hair, but actually (aside from hair and freckles), I think I share most of my features with my brother.  I haven't seen him in two years, though, so maybe that's not true anymore. 

4.  I spent the whole week thinking it was Friday, because we invited some friends over for dinner on Friday.  Then twenty minutes later, they remembered they had plans, so we moved it to Tuesday.  And so Tuesday felt like Friday and then so did every other day.  I know, what an exciting story.  But it does have a happy ending, because today actually is Friday.  Finally. 

5.  Sometimes I like to talk to my husband about what we need most in our lives: a baby, a dog, or a cat.  Boy, he loves those conversations!  Mostly, I say we need a baby over here, but after watching our friends' dogs, I've suddenly decided I might really be a dog person.  Can I like both dogs and cats?  Why do people always say you need to choose one or the other?  My husband and I agreed we'd probably only ever own cats, but I may have to change my mind on that one.  Dogs are just so friendly and loving and excited about all the things.  But our landlord said no pets, so we'll have to wait a bit longer on all that.   

No comments:

Post a Comment