.post-body img { max-width:1100px; height:auto; }

Monday, September 23, 2013

some things

 (photo of Paris via

Today, I was a little bit upset that the weather has gone back to sunny and warm (which is just cheating me out of autumn perfection), but it's OK now.  I mean, it can't last forever, right?  I promise I don't actually think and talk about the weather constantly...but for some reason, I do keep bringing it up.  I'm really fun at parties. 

Also today my husband started his new placement, and it went well.  For the first time, he has one he can walk to, so no bus passes or train tickets for him!  Also, it's only a 16 minute walk away, so it's basically just around the corner.  Location basically makes up for almost all the things we hate about our flat (ah, neighbors).  I did have to yell at my husband when he said that someone was "our age", maybe 30.  Nope, not ready to be considered near 30.  I'm sticking with 24 for every day that I still can.  I don't really mind getting older, but still...something about 25 is a little scary.  Like shouldn't our lives be more planned out by now?  Shouldn't we have a better idea of what we're doing? 

I can't help but wonder about where we'll be next year, when we'll actually feel like grownups.  I was talking to someone recently, who just turned 51, and she said she still feels 20.  I don't really feel any particular age; I just feel like me.  Like the same person I was at 10 and 18 and 20 and 22, except when I think back to those years, it's like I'm thinking about someone completely different.  I can't believe that was me, having conversations in French at dinner parties in Paris, or writing good essays at university in London.  I wonder what I'll be like at 30, looking back at me at 24 and not really recognizing that girl.  It's all a little weird.   

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely relate to your last paragraph!! I am turning 28 in three months, and I don't feel any different today than I did as a teenager. As you said, it is very weird!! :)

    ReplyDelete