Friday, October 25, 2013
five on friday
1. Earlier in the week, I met a friend for hot chocolate and had the most amazing hazelnut hot chocolate ever. I've been craving it since then, and wondering if I can convince my husband we should go out and get some. It was a really windy day, and sitting inside, catching up over a hot chocolate was so nice. It reminded me of university days, when sometimes we'd sit in a cafe to 'work' and spend all afternoon reading and talking.
2. The other day, my husband came home with flowers. This never happens (partly because we have no vase to put them in... we had to empty one of our utensil containers to use instead) so I felt like sharing. We put them on a dresser in our bedroom and they make me so happy.
3. November is going to be a great month. I'll be celebrating Thanksgiving with my family for the first time since 2005, going to my cousin's wedding, and seeing all sorts of old friends. And once November is over, it'll be time for Christmas. I'm really excited.
4. I'm also going to be using November as a chance to maybe write every day. I tried this last year and it was really fun and motivating. This year, I'll be traveling a bit which may complicate things, but I still want to try.
5. This weekend, my husband and I are going to spend some time celebrating the fact that his semester is over by doing something exciting. We haven't decided what. We may go on a little adventure somewhere. We considered going away for the weekend, but I couldn't really find any deals.