.post-body img { max-width:1100px; height:auto; }

Monday, October 14, 2013

monday

 via

This year is going by so quickly.  Sam is almost finished with his first module, he's working on his dissertation, and trying to sort out his last work placement (that last one is a bit of a nightmare...) And somehow it is mid October and probably will be November before I realize it.  The upside to all that is that I'm so excited for Christmas.  I know it's still too early to be really looking forward to it, so I'll pretend that I'm not.  But one of those temporary Christmas shops opened up in the town centre sometime last week and it filled me with joy.  (Even if the stuff in it is kind of weird and cheap....still, it is Christmas!  So it is joyful!)

Besides that, this weekend it suddenly got cold.  Cold enough to wear loads of layers and drink hot chocolate and moan about getting out of bed in the mornings.  It was perfect. I cooked all Saturday, so we have plenty of food for the week, and even cleaned.  For some reason, hoovering is one of my least favorite chores, and I am always putting it off, but then once it's done it makes me so happy.  On Saturday evening, we met up with friends, and it wasn't even that awkward.  Only a little.  We actually did have fun, and my husband took home extra dessert, so that's always a plus for him.

Weekends like that are good when you're facing a week full of dissertations and work placements and presentations.  Things will probably work out, because it's October, and that always makes me happy. 

1 comment:

  1. What a stunning photo! I know its kinda early for Christmas thoughts, but I'm getting excited too!

    New bloglovin follower from the Collective Blog Hop!
    Hope you'll hop over to my blog, too!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete