.post-body img { max-width:1100px; height:auto; }

Saturday, October 19, 2013

recently...



For some reason, it makes me laugh when my husband discovers new things that have actually been here since we moved into our flat, now over a year ago.  For example, just the other day, he was walking to the kitchen when he stopped and yelled, "has this crack always been here?" in alarm.  I went over to see what he was talking about, and he was pointing to a long, thin crack in the wallpaper which has been in place since day one.

Then a few days later, he was standing in the kitchen eating a granola bar over the sink (which I do not really make him do, it's just that they're really messy and I had just hoovered) when he said, "wow, if you want to see a bunch of old ladies in their bras, come quick," because from our kitchen window we can look into the exercise studio of an elderly care centre.  Where every single day (since yes, the day we moved in), I have noticed old women stretching and dancing.  How is this new to him?

Finally, there's a street market every Wednesday morning in our town.  To be fair, Sam is almost always in class during it, and it's in an area he doesn't walk by that often, but he was still way too shocked when he discovered it (on a walk with me, after getting out early from class).  "This is here every week," I told him.  "Remember?  I'm always mentioning it to you...."  .... but no, it was quite the surprise for him.  (But we bought a pain au chocolat and three cheese straws, so it was an awesome surprise.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment