.post-body img { max-width:1100px; height:auto; }

Thursday, January 16, 2014

the sea


Clearly, the seafront remains one my favorite place to visit.  I'd say it's tied with several bookstores and libraries in towns.  Being surrounded by books is definitely my happy place.  Reading is my number one, go-to solution when I'm stressed or sad or angry.  Books are the one thing I sometimes impulse buy, but more often than not, my husband and I simply browse through stacks of books, and try to decide whether we like brand-new, never been read books, or old, well-used, ancient looking ones.  Books are also something that will make it hard for us to move, because there's no way I'm getting rid of any.  I already look forward to the day when I can unpack the six or seven boxes full of all the books I collected before getting married and can consolidate all our collections.

But for now here's some proof that we have seen some blue sky recently.  When it's sunny out, it doesn't feel much like England by the sea.  It looks almost tropical, with the bright white cliffs and blazing blue sky and all that green grass.  Score another point to England, in general, for that greenery that stays here year round.  That's another thing I'll about living here that I'll never get sick of. 

Lately, I've been struggling with some writer's block.  Not just here but everywhere.  January didn't get off to the greatest start, but maybe I'll write more about that some other time.  For now, like I said before, things are looking up and I'm finally feeling better.  For a while, I didn't have much to say, but just forcing myself to say anything at all helped me get over that.  So here we are, half-way through the first month of 2014, and I'm feeling good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment