.post-body img { max-width:1100px; height:auto; }

Friday, September 5, 2014

moving and adjusting

Sam and I are now officially leaving England and moving to Boston, something we've been discussing for months and trying to figure out the timing of.  Being 35 weeks pregnant (today) does not really make me excited about changes in our living circumstances, but as Sam would continually point out, moving is probably easier pregnant than it is with a tiny newborn.  So here we are in Boston, seeing new doctors and finding out that I will probably only be pregnant for 2 or 3 more weeks.  I can't quite make myself believe that I only have two weeks before we are both officially parents, and that this baby is actually going to be born.  It feels like I've been pregnant for so long, it's just my normal state of being, and so it is hard to remember that oh, right, this whole things ends with an actual baby joining our family.  And that baby might need a few things, like a car seat.

I've spent the last few weeks making lists but suddenly I realize I need to actually commit to a few things.  I still have no idea where to begin, and somehow I'm expected to take care of an actual newborn in two weeks?  I am adjusting to the idea and the earlier delivery date and the induction process (while still holding on to the hope that maybe I will go into labor on my own) and am actually mostly just exited, of course, but here it is...the last few weeks on my own.    

I have a long list of things to do before the baby comes, like get myself a US cell phone plan and find this baby a paediatrician (because you need to do that in this country) but on the other hand, babies don't need a lot, so two weeks should be plenty of time for us to get mentally prepared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment